About Community Supported Agriculture (CSA):
Community-supported agriculture (CSA) is a food production and distribution system that directly connects farmers and consumers. CSA members (the consumers) buy “shares” of a farm’s harvest in advance and then receive a portion of the crops as they’re harvested. Often these “shares” are purchased in advance, providing much needed operating capital to the farmer. Thus both risk and the reward are shared between the farmer and the consumer.
Our Program – The Beer Farm Food Box
Our weekly CSA veggie box program runs for 22 weeks starting May 11th and ending October 5th, 2018. All our vegetables are grown in our on site market garden and greenhouses with a few items included from other local farms on the Sunshine Coast. We are accepting only 40 subscriptions available for the 2018 season.
How it Works:
• 22 weekly veggie boxes from May 11 to October 5, 2018
• Each box contains between 7 and 10 different varieties of vegetables which vary throughout the season
• Box always includes salad greens and winter greens (e.g. Spinach, Kale or Chard). Once they come into season boxes always contains carrots and at least one greenhouse vegetable (tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, peppers).
• All our produce is grown using 100% organic practices, however our farm is not Certified Organic at this time.
• You pick up your box each week at one of three locations: Persephone Brewing Company every Friday between 3 and 6 pm OR at our tents at the Friday Farmers Market at the Gibsons Public Market or at the Sechelt Farmers & Artisans Market on Saturdays.
• Beer Optional: Select from our line up of delicious core beers to receive with each week’s veggie box and receive at least 5% off our regular retail price! Our Core beers include: the Goddess Golden Ale, Persephone Pale Ale, India Pale Ale, Black Lager and Dry Irish Stout.